Few useful advice for newcomers, who want to give audition
Few useful advice for newcomers, who want to give audition for an acting career to create good norms.
1. Don’t Whtsapp or mail ur pics just because u got a number or email.send only if u fit the age and other requirements.
2. if anyone has asked u to WhatsApp pic then plz don’t send 10/15 pic. send only 2/3 pic that too after their permission or if they have asked n further ask them if they need more.
3. if by chance you got the mobile number of any casting person don’t call them firstly, because ur phone call can irritate them instead send text msg n get their email id and to follow up
4. Don’t get panic/hopeless if u don’t receive any response after u send ur photos on WhatsApp and for that matter forget after giving d audition. if casting guy finds u suitable for their requirement they will get back to u if they don’t find u fit they will not respond even if u die don’t call any casting guy to harass them asking “what happened, I had sent u my pic…etc”
5. When you go for any audition check whether you really fit their bill that will save your time, money n energy just don’t crowd they’re asking whether you fit into a role or get rejected from the door. Let’s respect n get respect too.
6. When you reach for audition ask the attendant for ‘Q’ sheet and get ur self-registered for ur turn. if they don’t have a ‘Q’ sheet then find out politely as to who is d last to enter b4 u.plz don’t fight/argue about the chronology of ‘Q’ n try to maintain discipline n peace.
7. Go through the script that they give u for an audition. quickly do some practice with the script.try to memorize it n avoid what others r doing. Others performance may affect ur own presentation.
8. Be as much as humble n polite with guys who take your audition. don’t question them unnecessarily or try to b more friendly.
9. Normal procedure is of any audition is the, one who takes audition selects best one n then forwards it to his higher authority.who in turn, shortlists again n they will also inform d shortlisted actors n block ur date after confirming d budget with u.and then send d tape/clips to his client/channel who does election n then u are informed about ur confirmation.budget is never informed in major cases before being shortlisting.
10. Those who go through the coordinator should not pay them their commission before u get ur cheque payment.
11. Those who ask for artist card and say that he/she can make for u at 3/4/5k don’t trust them don’t give money to any person for making artist card .instead visit any union office n know the terms. Artist card is NOT COMPULSORY. Some production house do insists for Artist Card but no authority can drive you out of shooting for not having Artist Card. Remember! The card is only an identity.it’s not give you work. work depending on your talent.
12. Read audition msg twice/thrice and see what is the requirement upmarket/down market/middle-class look, age, etc n then follow up.
13. It would be very wrong to make such a plan that I will go to Mumbai to audition and become a career, some people come to Mumbai after arranging Rs. 15/20 thousand and money is spent then go away after a few days, it is absolutely wrong. If you want to make a career in the film industry, then you should have a permanent arrangement to stay in Mumbai.
14. There is a lot of possibility of cheating by giving audition in a small city, The reason is that there is no film industry in those small cities.
15.According to my personal experience and research… in this world of auditions, 98% is a cheater and 2% is pure/genuine .so you have the knowledge to identify that who is fake and who is genuine.
18. So Be careful from fake people, do any deal at own risk
All the best. God bless you
Post Credit: BSAG
Visit for the latest audition updates click here!!